Friday, March 13, 2009

38 and Counting




Yesterday was my 38th birthday and it was such a great and productive day. Not only did I have flowers and a handwritten note greet me when I woke up (thanks Joe). I had tons of handmade cards from the clients at my job, a big piece of cake from my boss, fun drum time on Guitar Hero World Tour, and an awesome dinner at Tap. Do I feel older? Heck no! Didn't you just read I spent time playing my new favorite toy? Do I feel smarter? Yes a wee bit. I think in my 20's I made mistakes not knowing that they were wrong decisions. Now in my 30's I am fully aware of the stupidity of my actions. My ignorance is deliberate.

I did a search to find some other cool people born in 1971 and the list rocked! Here they are with some cool things they have said:

Minnie Driver-actress

Winona Ryder-actress and part-time criminal

Lance Armstrong- athlete and Cancer suvivor

Ewan McGregor- star of Trainspotting and Star Wars, "I'm just looking for that moment to drop my Jedi knickers and pull out my real light saber"

Christina Applegate-actress, "How do you survive Christmas? You drink a lot and drink a lot."

Shannen Doherty-"actress" I use that term loosely, "It's better to be the rejecter than the rejectee"

and last but not least

Matt Stone, creator of South Park, and voice of three of the shows characters(including Butters pictured above). Allow me to show proof of my generation's brilliance by quoting Mr. Stone..."You can make fun of everything."

No comments: