Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Recycle the world.




In the past three days I have made two very large donations to Goodwill. Joe and I visited my storage unit this week and boy did I have some junk in some of those boxes. I actually found a used SOS pad in one of them. Here are just a few things that went to Goodwill:


  • a computer monitor

  • cordless phone

  • keyboard

  • 8 pairs of shoes

  • microwave

  • small clock

  • 3 heavy sweaters

  • 2 purses

I also stumbled across many books that I have read and do not feel a need to stuff back into storage or try to squeeze onto our already tight shelves. I will take a trip out to the Book Nook today to ditch them. You have to love the many opportunities there are in this town to make your trash someone elses treasure and not cram landfills.


The funny thing about living for over a year without many of your belongings is that you realize how many of them you do not need because you cannot remember most of them. There were several college textbooks I had no use for and I finally let go of my ancient Doc Martins from college that actually had mold on them. Joe got into the act too and when I arrived at the condo after work I was greeted with a stack of clothing he was donating. I hope to slowly turn him into a clutter free man. Or at least a little less clutter. As we join our things together storage space has become a premium and we need as little clutter as possible. Pray for me.


No comments: