Monday, August 25, 2008

Beautiful Savannah



I have been working like a mad woman and have been away from my blog. Last week I went to Savannah for the day for business. I have become a pro at scoping out a place and doing a quick run of stuff even though I may be there for just a short time.
First me and my boss had an amazing lunch at Zunzi's Express http://www.zunzis.com/.
I had the Fisherman's Deck sandwich which is charbroiled salmon on french bread with lettuce and tomatoes. It was amazing. The place is an itty-bitty hole in the wall on East York Street with no inside tables. We defintely need something like this in Atlanta.



After my work meeting I had roughly one hour to do a bit of shopping/sight seeing. I had seen a really cute shop on the way back from my meeting so I walked back to it first. The Paris Market& Brocante is beautiful.



Everything is girly girl and they have the cutest room vignettes. They have out-Anthropologied Anthropologie and done away with the clothing. You have to see it to believe it. I left with a bar od triple milled Doux soap that smells divine.




Ooops, I almost forgot to tell you how cute my hotel room was. Here are some pics of my room at The Marshall House...












There was a photo in my room of the Inn in 1865. It is very cute and very affordable. They serve a free continential breakfast in the morning and have daily wine and cheese tastings at 5:30.

For dinner of course we went to Paula Deen's Lady and Son's. The place is a packed madhouse but fortunately our wait wasnt too long. We all had the buffet which had the most tender beef stew I have ever tried. For dessert you have your choise of bannana pudding, fruit cobbler or chocolate cake. I had the pudding which had the most perfect maraigne. When you visit the city put your name on the list at the beginning of the morning for dinner. They do not take reservations for parties less than 10 people.


No comments: